A Victorian Christmas 2018
by Jane Matthews | November 28, 2017 11:50 am
Christmas booking lines will close on Thursday 13th December at 12.00pm. There is still some spaces available and if you have not managed to book then you can buy tickets on the day.
It’s snowing in the Street of Shops
Bookings are now open to see Santa at the season’s most magical Christmas experience. A Victorian Christmas returns to the museum starting on Friday 30th November. We’ll be turning back the clock by a century to recapture the sparkle, fun, warmth and wonder of a true Victorian family Christmas.
From the moment you are greeted by our butler with a tray of mulled wine and hot squash, through to meeting Santa in the cozy glow of his toy workshop, you’ll feel the Christmas spirit in every step.
- Carols by paraffin lamps in the parlour
- Roaring fires where you can enjoy a complimentary glass of mulled wine around while the children play puff billiards
- A traditional Christmas market where you can buy gifts you won’t find on the High St
- Christmas crafts in the old schoolroom
- Making hot buttered toast the old-fashioned way in the farmhouse kitchen
- HM Queen Victoria in attendance
- Freshly roasted chestnuts cooked in the yard
- Teddy bears getting ready for Christmas in their own toy workshop
- Homemade cakes and mince pies, plus hot chocolate in the Granary café
- And of course Santa and his elves are waiting to meet our young visitors – and give them a special gift to take away (cost £7 per child).
Fridays 30th November, 7th and 14th December, 4.30pm-7pm
Saturdays 1st, 8th and 15th December, 1.30pm-6pm
Sundays 2nd, 9th and 16th December, 1.30pm-6pm
We advise booking ahead for Santa visits to avoid queuing. Santa visits cost £7 per child. If you do not have an annual ticket entry to the museum will also need to be paid. Bookings this year are being taken over the phone. Booking lines open on October 2nd. Call 01908 316222 9.30am-4pm, Monday-Friday.
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/a-victorian-christmas-starts-2-december/snow-in-street-2-crop/
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/a-victorian-christmas-starts-2-december/christmas-treats/
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/a-victorian-christmas-starts-2-december/santa-3/
Source URL: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/a-victorian-christmas/
Copyright ©2018 Milton Keynes Museum unless otherwise noted.