Browse the High St
by ND support | November 3, 2014 10:40 am
Step back into the days of bustling high streets to see how people used to shop for groceries, clothing, medicines and other essentials.
Youngsters love seeing how we used to shop, while anyone past a certain age will enjoy spotting the things they remember from their own childhoods.
Our popular street of shops features the sights – and the sounds – of a butcher’s, Post Office, haberdasher, pub, hardware store, chemist’s, grocer and department store. Look out too for the cinema, and the glass hearse used to transport coffins in days gone by.
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/boot-repairers.jpg
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/post-office.jpg
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/shop.jpg
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/shop2.jpg
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/shop3.jpg
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/sweet-shop.jpg
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/local-general-store.jpg
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/the-chemist.jpg
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/the-dentists.jpg
- [Image]: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/highstreet.jpg
Source URL: http://www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk/back-in-time-high-st/
Copyright ©2018 Milton Keynes Museum unless otherwise noted.