Get involvedBack to homepage
Volunteer: become a part of our success story
From helping in the office or with general maintenance to every aspect of visitor services– we need YOU! We are currently looking for volunteers to help in the following areas:
- Restoration and conservation
- Museum displays
- Visitor guides and re-enactors
- The schools team
- Catering team
- Reception and shop assistants
- Gardening and landscape team
- Museum storage and documentation
In return we offer:
- Full induction, training and support
- the chance to learn new skills or update old ones
- work experience for those starting out or seeking a change
- fun, job satisfaction, a great atmosphere and new friends
- and occasional social activities.
We welcome volunteers with anything from a few hours to spare, to those able to commit a few days a week.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Bring your business, club or group:
We love welcoming local businesses and clubs as working parties to the museum. Those who come for a successful day of teamwork and fun know their efforts are counting for the whole community. Contact us at email@example.com if you’d like to chat about taking on a project – indoors, out or both.
Support us: tell others about your visit
One of the most important ways of bringing visitors into the Museum is by word of mouth – and we’d love you to help.
If you’ve enjoyed your visit please spread the word via:
Social media: post your thoughts, pictures and videos to social media so others can see them on: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube. And follow us, friend us or connect with us so we can see them too – and stay in touch